Trees have been around for about 370 million years, and as you can from these incredible pictures, there’s a good reason why they’ve survived for so long.
Whether they’re growing in the middle of gale-force winds, on the tops of rocky platforms, inside concrete tunnels, or even growing out of each other, trees know how to survive in places that few living organisms can, which explains why the planet is host to around 3 trillion adult trees that cover an estimated 30% of the earth’s land.
Considering that plants produce the vast majority of the oxygen that we breathe, we should all think ourselves very fortunate that trees are as resilient as they are. We wouldn’t even be here if they weren’t.
1. A Place Of Enchantment
2 .This Palm Tree Fell Over And Curved Right Back Up
3. The Only Tree That Survived The Tsunami In Japan Between 70,000 Trees. Protected And Restored
4. Tree Of Life – Olympic National Park, Washington
5. A Tree’s Root Spill Over The Sidewalk
6. Nature FTW
7. This Tree That Refuses To Die
8. Tree Roots Extend Across A Gap To The Mainland For Nutrients
10. Life Finds A Way
11. A Tree Grows From Third Floor Window
12. Life Finds A Way
13. This Tree Is Growing Out Of Another Tree
14. The Old Piano Tree
15. Trees On A Tree